DAYBREAK FARMS requires the services of a suitably qualified candidate to oversee and manage our Breeders and Hatcheries operations, through execution of Daybreak strategy in line with long-term sustainability. He/she will ensure the adequacy of processes and controls that ensure the continued alignment in the value chain and financial plans.
Key Performance Areas:
Strategy formulation and implementation
- Drive strategy formulation and implementation
- Maintain an up-to-date rolling facility plan
Operational Management of Farms and Hatchery
- Achieve high standard eggs per hen housed.
- Achieve annual hatchability.
- Manage breeder flocks’ production efficiencies to breed standards.
- Conduct quarterly scientific research projects to improve production efficiencies.
- Maintain all divisional assets in accordance with OEM recommendations.
- Manage the 3rd party hatching eggs supplier in accordance with the signed supply contract.
Human Resource Management
- Determine Labour Requirements
- Recruitment and Selection
- Manage Industrial Relations
- Identify Problem Areas
- Labour Utilizations (Overtime and Absenteeism)
- Retention of Key Staff Members
- Manage EE Progress
- Development of individual KPA’s
- Discuss and Contract Standards with everyone
- Identify skill development areas and training needs
- Monitor performance – bi-annual appraisals, annual performance evaluation
- Budget management
- Achieve efficiencies for broiler day-old-chicks
- Manage operational expenditure
- Monthly reports and Operations Information
- Capital projects.
- Cost management and management reports
General Safety Management
- Apply legislation
- Active role as HACCP team member
- Bio - Security
- Awareness program
Risk, Governance and shareholders
- Quarterly progress reporting on the mitigation/management of approved divisional risks
- Implementation of internal audit risk findings and recommendations
- Compliance with all environmental regulations
- Clean external environmental safety audits
Customers and stakeholders
- Liaise with internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Maintain good relations
- Data-base management
- Lead business transformation initiatives in line with approved plans
Education & Experience:
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- Post graduate Honours in Animal Science
- Finance/ Business management qualification would be an advantage.
- Minimum 3 year in breeder management
- Minimum 5 years in Hatchery management
- Minimum 7 years senior management experience
- 8-10 years’ relevant experience in.